Gas Boiler Maintenance Tips
Regular checks are important in prolonging the life of your gas boiler. Small repairs or services every so often will save you a lot of money in the long run. It can be difficult, however, to keep track of everything that you should be looking for when performing checks, so check out Dublin Plumbing Services’ top gas boiler maintenance tips that will keep your boiler running for a long time.
Frequent Gas Boiler Maintenance Tips
Oftentimes, a gas boiler breaks or falls into disrepair because homeowners and tenants miss the little things that happen daily to their gas boiler. It is important to establish a regular boiler maintenance routine to ensure that your device stays functional for a long time.
- Ensure that there is no leaking water around your boiler.
- Keep the area around your boiler clear and free from obstruction.
- Keep an eye on the temperature and pressure readings to ensure that they’re within your designated range.
- Note any error codes or messages and relay them to your gas boiler maintenance service as soon as you can.
- Ensure that the vent termination is free of debris, ice, snow, or any blockage.
- Always listen for strange noises or smells coming from your gas boiler.
Checking on your gas boiler often may seem tedious, but it’s a great way to keep it from breaking down or causing property damage to your home.
Periodic Gas Boiler Maintenance Tips
While you are likely to spot anything amiss when performing your regular gas boiler maintenance tasks, it’s important that every few months you conduct a more in-depth check of your boiler.
- Visually inspect all pipes, valves, and vents for signs of leakage, deterioration, or blockage. If you spot anything unusual, call a gas boiler service technician immediately.
- Dust and wipe the surfaces on and around your boiler to keep debris and blockages to a minimum.
- Inspect the burner flame if possible. If you notice any differences in the colour or intensity of the flame, it is time to get your boiler serviced.
At least once per year, you should have a professional gas boiler maintenance company inspect and tune up your boiler. In addition to providing you gas boiler maintenance tips specific to your home and device, they should:
- Perform a thorough safety inspection of each component of your gas boiler to ensure that each piece is working properly.
- Troubleshoot any issues that you have noticed throughout the year and offer a path to repair.
- Identify any parts of your gas boiler that are in need of full service or replacement.
Drop Dublin Plumbing Services a Line
Your gas boiler is an essential piece of equipment in your home. Not only does it keep you warm through those chilly winter months, but if left without proper maintenance, it can cost you a lot of money to replace and even be dangerous if gas leaks go unspotted. Keep the costs down by giving us a call at one of our offices. We have eight offices throughout Dublin and operate a 24/7 emergency line, which can be reached no charge at 086 1249 070. Drop us a line now to get further gas boiler maintenance tips, a repair quote, or set up an appointment!